I’m going to start giving little bitty reviews as I see shows. They will be structured very similarly to this, unless I’m terribly compelled to write more. Often when I’m reading a review, I’ll skip right to the bullet points at the end. So here’s my bullet points. We all live in the age of the internet– it is unlikely I will be the only place you can find anything about a show, so come here for a taste, google elsewhere for details.
- Charmingly imaginative
- Clown school rejects? Awesome.
- Touching through-line– teaching a bird-to-be about the world with all its danger and beauty.
- The clown (Ian) was a joy throughout– his tricks were indeed ‘very daaangerous’ (certainly to a five year old, the co-writer of the show)
- Leaves you with a warm, fuzzy feeling
- Alan Tudyk is a sweetheart, both onstage and in person after the show
- a little too short
- a little too repetitive