Full disclosure: I was given free tickets to this through Jules Fisher, the lighting designer and one of the partners at my design firm.
- Great performances from everyone, particularly the two lead women playing Daisy and Violet.
- Some memorable, genuinely catchy music.
- Stylish, functional set from David Rockwell.
- THE BEST LIGHTING DESIGN EVER from Jules Fisher
- Missed opportunities at the ending for feeling more full circle — since we go from them in a sleazy freak show to them in a high-paying freak show, a reprise of ‘Come Look at the Freaks,’ maybe in a minor key, would have been fitting.
- I would prefer a more daring, darker look at this material versus the sanitized, quasi-glamorized, Lifetime-movie version of it.