To help promote the December 8th release of the deluxe edition of Rum Run, we’re giving you nice folks a couple chances to win a FREE copy of the game ($70 value including shipping), and it’ll even make it to you in time for Christmas! That’s right, TWO free copies will be given away. Here’s how:
1) Distillery-Naming Contest
Come up with better names for distilleries than we did!
The object of Rum Run is deceptively simple: build roads to distilleries in the forest, collect barrels, and bring them back to the town center. A crucial part of that equation lies in the distilleries. We’ve thought up names for the distilleries based on famous bootleggers–things Camp Capone and McCoy’s Schooner– but we think you can do better! Take a look at the four distillery cards below. Pick a distillery (or a few!) that you think you have a good name for (or a few!), and either place it in the comments section or shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Roadbuilding Raffle
Solve the puzzle and enter into a random drawing!
Look at the above Rum Run image. You are the blue player. From the available pieces to the left, what 3 pieces in what order would need to be played to break through the opponent’s road and enter the distillery? Note that in order to break an opponent’s road, the road piece you play must have a total higher value than their’s. Send your answers to email@example.com to be entered in the raffle. DON’T PUT YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS! Only correct answers will be counted. And be sure to make your answer clear! For example, (1-4)(4-4)(4-6) would be the manner by which to represent:
Enter one contest or enter both! Winners will be announced on this site on the day of release: December 8, 2012. We look forward to your participation.
Rum Run is a game by Alex Coulombe with graphic design by Morgan Shaw and artwork by Lindsay Davis. The original version of the game, released October 2011, was the winner of The Game Crafter's Mash-Up Competition and gained Alex entry into the Hall of Fame. Subscribe to alexcoulombe.com/ gamedesign for all the latest updates on Rum Run.
- TGC Community Member Is Presenting at TeachPlayLearn ConferenceAndrew Peterson is an educator, game designer, and member of The Game Crafter community. He will be presenting his dissertation product “enRolled” at the Teach, Play, Learn Conference at Indiana University. Andrew designed a game called enRolled and it’s a board game that allows students to play the college experience. The game has been designed to engage […]
- The Game Crafter Now Sells Card SleevesWe’re pleased to announce that we now offer Card Sleeves in 5 different sizes! This has been a popular request in our community and we always try to give you folks what you want. :) You can add packs of sleeves to your game or you can purchase the packs separately in our Game Accessories […]
- The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Designing For Contests - Episode 172The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Designing For Contests - Episode 172: Another great listener request has JT and Jeff discussing what it means to design for a contest. So you’ve designed a few games from your own interests but now you might want to try a contest or two. If you’ve wondered what it’s like […]
- TGC Community Member Is Presenting at TeachPlayLearn Conference