To help promote the December 8th release of the deluxe edition of Rum Run, we’re giving you nice folks a couple chances to win a FREE copy of the game ($70 value including shipping), and it’ll even make it to you in time for Christmas! That’s right, TWO free copies will be given away. Here’s how:
1) Distillery-Naming Contest
Come up with better names for distilleries than we did!
The object of Rum Run is deceptively simple: build roads to distilleries in the forest, collect barrels, and bring them back to the town center. A crucial part of that equation lies in the distilleries. We’ve thought up names for the distilleries based on famous bootleggers–things Camp Capone and McCoy’s Schooner– but we think you can do better! Take a look at the four distillery cards below. Pick a distillery (or a few!) that you think you have a good name for (or a few!), and either place it in the comments section or shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Roadbuilding Raffle
Solve the puzzle and enter into a random drawing!
Look at the above Rum Run image. You are the blue player. From the available pieces to the left, what 3 pieces in what order would need to be played to break through the opponent’s road and enter the distillery? Note that in order to break an opponent’s road, the road piece you play must have a total higher value than their’s. Send your answers to email@example.com to be entered in the raffle. DON’T PUT YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS! Only correct answers will be counted. And be sure to make your answer clear! For example, (1-4)(4-4)(4-6) would be the manner by which to represent:
Enter one contest or enter both! Winners will be announced on this site on the day of release: December 8, 2012. We look forward to your participation.
Rum Run is a game by Alex Coulombe with graphic design by Morgan Shaw and artwork by Lindsay Davis. The original version of the game, released October 2011, was the winner of The Game Crafter's Mash-Up Competition and gained Alex entry into the Hall of Fame. Subscribe to alexcoulombe.com/ gamedesign for all the latest updates on Rum Run.
- The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Mechanics 101: Worker Placement and Deck Building - Episode 177The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Mechanics 101: Worker Placement and Deck Building - Episode 177: Thanks to more great listener requests JT and Jeff have a new series they’ll be recording as they get time to do the research. And that series is on Mechanics/Mechanisms in game design! We understand some people are new to […]
- The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Finding Similar Games - Episode 176The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Finding Similar Games - Episode 176: So you have a new game idea and maybe a fresh mechanism (in your mind) and you want to start on it. But first, you decide to research other games that might be similar to yours to make sure it’s as new and fresh […]
- Come One, Come All! Fundead: The Gravest Show on Earth - Now On Kickstarter!Step right up ladies & gentlemen, boys and girls… Are you ready to play the greatest game ever created for circus performers and zombies? It’s Fundead: The Gravest Show on Earth! This strategic card placement game for two players - or teams of two (ages 10+), gives players the opportunity to create either a group […]
- The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Mechanics 101: Worker Placement and Deck Building - Episode 177