To help promote the December 8th release of the deluxe edition of Rum Run, we’re giving you nice folks a couple chances to win a FREE copy of the game ($70 value including shipping), and it’ll even make it to you in time for Christmas! That’s right, TWO free copies will be given away. Here’s how:
1) Distillery-Naming Contest
Come up with better names for distilleries than we did!
The object of Rum Run is deceptively simple: build roads to distilleries in the forest, collect barrels, and bring them back to the town center. A crucial part of that equation lies in the distilleries. We’ve thought up names for the distilleries based on famous bootleggers–things Camp Capone and McCoy’s Schooner– but we think you can do better! Take a look at the four distillery cards below. Pick a distillery (or a few!) that you think you have a good name for (or a few!), and either place it in the comments section or shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Roadbuilding Raffle
Solve the puzzle and enter into a random drawing!
Look at the above Rum Run image. You are the blue player. From the available pieces to the left, what 3 pieces in what order would need to be played to break through the opponent’s road and enter the distillery? Note that in order to break an opponent’s road, the road piece you play must have a total higher value than their’s. Send your answers to email@example.com to be entered in the raffle. DON’T PUT YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS! Only correct answers will be counted. And be sure to make your answer clear! For example, (1-4)(4-4)(4-6) would be the manner by which to represent:
Enter one contest or enter both! Winners will be announced on this site on the day of release: December 8, 2012. We look forward to your participation.
Rum Run is a game by Alex Coulombe with graphic design by Morgan Shaw and artwork by Lindsay Davis. The original version of the game, released October 2011, was the winner of The Game Crafter's Mash-Up Competition and gained Alex entry into the Hall of Fame. Subscribe to alexcoulombe.com/ gamedesign for all the latest updates on Rum Run.
- UW-Stout summer camps offer new tracks, hands-on learningUW-Stout summer camps offer new tracks, hands-on learning: University of Wisconsin-Stout will welcome area middle school and high school students to two summer camps in June 2017. Event organizers anticipate Art & Design Camp and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Camp will serve more than 100 campers for week-long stays on UW-Stout’s campus.Led by […]
- The Game Crafter Official Podcast: New Changes Coming to The Game Crafter - Episode 120The Game Crafter Official Podcast: New Changes Coming to The Game Crafter - Episode 120: On episode 120, JT tells Jeff, and you, about changes coming to The Game Crafter. Some of them have already happened. And some of them are future changes coming in the next few weeks. Jeff sneaks in a Sweet, Sweet […]
- Board Game Design Academy @ Evergreen Tabletop Expo (ETX17)Board Game Design Academy @ Evergreen Tabletop Expo (ETX17): The latest news from our friends at the Evergreen Tabletop Expo:There are less than a dozen spots available for the Board Game Design Academy at #ETX17. Learn from the pros! Details at http://etxwa.com/gamedesign/The Game Crafter is also sponsoring the Luci Game Design Challenge at Evergreen Tabletop Expo. […]
- UW-Stout summer camps offer new tracks, hands-on learning