To help promote the December 8th release of the deluxe edition of Rum Run, we’re giving you nice folks a couple chances to win a FREE copy of the game ($70 value including shipping), and it’ll even make it to you in time for Christmas! That’s right, TWO free copies will be given away. Here’s how:
1) Distillery-Naming Contest
Come up with better names for distilleries than we did!
The object of Rum Run is deceptively simple: build roads to distilleries in the forest, collect barrels, and bring them back to the town center. A crucial part of that equation lies in the distilleries. We’ve thought up names for the distilleries based on famous bootleggers–things Camp Capone and McCoy’s Schooner– but we think you can do better! Take a look at the four distillery cards below. Pick a distillery (or a few!) that you think you have a good name for (or a few!), and either place it in the comments section or shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Roadbuilding Raffle
Solve the puzzle and enter into a random drawing!
Look at the above Rum Run image. You are the blue player. From the available pieces to the left, what 3 pieces in what order would need to be played to break through the opponent’s road and enter the distillery? Note that in order to break an opponent’s road, the road piece you play must have a total higher value than their’s. Send your answers to email@example.com to be entered in the raffle. DON’T PUT YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS! Only correct answers will be counted. And be sure to make your answer clear! For example, (1-4)(4-4)(4-6) would be the manner by which to represent:
Enter one contest or enter both! Winners will be announced on this site on the day of release: December 8, 2012. We look forward to your participation.
Rum Run is a game by Alex Coulombe with graphic design by Morgan Shaw and artwork by Lindsay Davis. The original version of the game, released October 2011, was the winner of The Game Crafter's Mash-Up Competition and gained Alex entry into the Hall of Fame. Subscribe to alexcoulombe.com/ gamedesign for all the latest updates on Rum Run.
- We have just launched The Game Crafter’s Bargain Bin. Here you...We have just launched The Game Crafter’s Bargain Bin. Here you can find the best deals on The Game Crafter each and every day. The Bargain Bin includes:New and Used Mass Market GamesNew and Used TGC GamesDeal of the DaySalesSpecialty BundlesThe games are coming from our own massive internal collection. These are games we purchased that […]
- The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Game Designer Shop Pages - Episode 174The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Game Designer Shop Pages - Episode 174: If this is the last you hear from us, send help! That can only mean one thing! We have another listener request from the game crafting assassin! JT and Jeff discuss the idea of having a game designer specific shop page… Or do […]
- Creators are always wondering when to launch their Kickstarters....Creators are always wondering when to launch their Kickstarters. When during the year, when during the month, when during the week, and even what hour to launch. In this video, Edo discusses ideal times in each of these categories and gives additional perspective and advice.
- We have just launched The Game Crafter’s Bargain Bin. Here you...