To help promote the December 8th release of the deluxe edition of Rum Run, we’re giving you nice folks a couple chances to win a FREE copy of the game ($70 value including shipping), and it’ll even make it to you in time for Christmas! That’s right, TWO free copies will be given away. Here’s how:
1) Distillery-Naming Contest
Come up with better names for distilleries than we did!
The object of Rum Run is deceptively simple: build roads to distilleries in the forest, collect barrels, and bring them back to the town center. A crucial part of that equation lies in the distilleries. We’ve thought up names for the distilleries based on famous bootleggers–things Camp Capone and McCoy’s Schooner– but we think you can do better! Take a look at the four distillery cards below. Pick a distillery (or a few!) that you think you have a good name for (or a few!), and either place it in the comments section or shoot an e-mail to email@example.com.
2) Roadbuilding Raffle
Solve the puzzle and enter into a random drawing!
Look at the above Rum Run image. You are the blue player. From the available pieces to the left, what 3 pieces in what order would need to be played to break through the opponent’s road and enter the distillery? Note that in order to break an opponent’s road, the road piece you play must have a total higher value than their’s. Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered in the raffle. DON’T PUT YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS! Only correct answers will be counted. And be sure to make your answer clear! For example, (1-4)(4-4)(4-6) would be the manner by which to represent:
Enter one contest or enter both! Winners will be announced on this site on the day of release: December 8, 2012. We look forward to your participation.
Rum Run is a game by Alex Coulombe with graphic design by Morgan Shaw and artwork by Lindsay Davis. The original version of the game, released October 2011, was the winner of The Game Crafter's Mash-Up Competition and gained Alex entry into the Hall of Fame. Subscribe to alexcoulombe.com/ gamedesign for all the latest updates on Rum Run.
- Fairway Thoughts: How to get the best possible reviewFairway Thoughts: How to get the best possible review
- Rulebook Cookbook: Game OverviewRulebook Cookbook: Game Overview: Dustin Oakley is a game designer and longtime member of The Game Crafter community. One of his current projects is called the Rulebook Cookbook and it’s a collection of game design articles on The Indie Game Report. The goal for this series is to help designers write better rules for their […]
- Several top publishers from the table top industry (Steve...Several top publishers from the table top industry (Steve Jackson from Steve Jackson Games, Jason Glover of Grey Gnome Games, and James Mathe from Minion Games) participated in a panel to answer your questions about how to get your game in front of a publisher, how to set up meetings with publishers, and how not […]
- Fairway Thoughts: How to get the best possible review