To help promote the December 8th release of the deluxe edition of Rum Run, we’re giving you nice folks a couple chances to win a FREE copy of the game ($70 value including shipping), and it’ll even make it to you in time for Christmas! That’s right, TWO free copies will be given away. Here’s how:
1) Distillery-Naming Contest
Come up with better names for distilleries than we did!
The object of Rum Run is deceptively simple: build roads to distilleries in the forest, collect barrels, and bring them back to the town center. A crucial part of that equation lies in the distilleries. We’ve thought up names for the distilleries based on famous bootleggers–things Camp Capone and McCoy’s Schooner– but we think you can do better! Take a look at the four distillery cards below. Pick a distillery (or a few!) that you think you have a good name for (or a few!), and either place it in the comments section or shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Roadbuilding Raffle
Solve the puzzle and enter into a random drawing!
Look at the above Rum Run image. You are the blue player. From the available pieces to the left, what 3 pieces in what order would need to be played to break through the opponent’s road and enter the distillery? Note that in order to break an opponent’s road, the road piece you play must have a total higher value than their’s. Send your answers to email@example.com to be entered in the raffle. DON’T PUT YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS! Only correct answers will be counted. And be sure to make your answer clear! For example, (1-4)(4-4)(4-6) would be the manner by which to represent:
Enter one contest or enter both! Winners will be announced on this site on the day of release: December 8, 2012. We look forward to your participation.
Rum Run is a game by Alex Coulombe with graphic design by Morgan Shaw and artwork by Lindsay Davis. The original version of the game, released October 2011, was the winner of The Game Crafter's Mash-Up Competition and gained Alex entry into the Hall of Fame. Subscribe to alexcoulombe.com/ gamedesign for all the latest updates on Rum Run.
- 'Whoa, I can actually make money on these things!' – how one man cashed in on the board game renaissance'Whoa, I can actually make money on these things!' – how one man cashed in on the board game renaissance: This is an article by Douglas Moore that features an interview with Shem Phillips from Garphill Games. Shem talks about his personal story and how he got into full-time game design & publishing, Then he […]
- Protospiel Madison 2017 is right around the cornerProtospiel Madison 2017 is right around the corner (December 1-3), and we’ve already sold around half of our badges, so be sure to get yours before we sell out. This year we’re at a new facility, the Monona Terrace. It’s the grandest and most beautiful convention space in Madison. And it’s within a couple blocks […]
- Enterprise: Game onEnterprise: Game on: This is an interesting article on Nature.com about how scientists are designing tabletop & digital games to convey scientific concepts. It also covers topics such as crowdfunding, design strategies, game manufacturing, and more.Click here to read the full article
- 'Whoa, I can actually make money on these things!' – how one man cashed in on the board game renaissance