To help promote the December 8th release of the deluxe edition of Rum Run, we’re giving you nice folks a couple chances to win a FREE copy of the game ($70 value including shipping), and it’ll even make it to you in time for Christmas! That’s right, TWO free copies will be given away. Here’s how:
1) Distillery-Naming Contest
Come up with better names for distilleries than we did!
The object of Rum Run is deceptively simple: build roads to distilleries in the forest, collect barrels, and bring them back to the town center. A crucial part of that equation lies in the distilleries. We’ve thought up names for the distilleries based on famous bootleggers–things Camp Capone and McCoy’s Schooner– but we think you can do better! Take a look at the four distillery cards below. Pick a distillery (or a few!) that you think you have a good name for (or a few!), and either place it in the comments section or shoot an e-mail to email@example.com.
2) Roadbuilding Raffle
Solve the puzzle and enter into a random drawing!
Look at the above Rum Run image. You are the blue player. From the available pieces to the left, what 3 pieces in what order would need to be played to break through the opponent’s road and enter the distillery? Note that in order to break an opponent’s road, the road piece you play must have a total higher value than their’s. Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered in the raffle. DON’T PUT YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS! Only correct answers will be counted. And be sure to make your answer clear! For example, (1-4)(4-4)(4-6) would be the manner by which to represent:
Enter one contest or enter both! Winners will be announced on this site on the day of release: December 8, 2012. We look forward to your participation.
Rum Run is a game by Alex Coulombe with graphic design by Morgan Shaw and artwork by Lindsay Davis. The original version of the game, released October 2011, was the winner of The Game Crafter's Mash-Up Competition and gained Alex entry into the Hall of Fame. Subscribe to alexcoulombe.com/ gamedesign for all the latest updates on Rum Run.
- We’ve added a few new features to Component.Studio.Data set...We’ve added a few new features to Component.Studio.Data set column analyzer to show you how many times a column contains a value, and other useful stats.Ownership of projects can now be transferred from one user to another.A project can be deleted in one go now rather than having to delete the things contained within it individually.You […]
- The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Bidding and Take That Mechanics - Episode 184The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Bidding and Take That Mechanics - Episode 184: JT and Jeff are back to talk about game mechanics/mechanisms again in their 101 style discussion to help get you familiar with different mechanics used in board game design. In this episode, JT and Jeff will discuss Bidding and Take That style […]
- New Board Game Pieces - FootWe have the perfect new board game piece for those of you who have been thinking about making a game about hunting bigfoot! We now have this Foot in our Board Game Pieces Shop! These pieces could be footprint tokens that could be used in hunting/tracking games or adventure board games to show where your […]
- We’ve added a few new features to Component.Studio.Data set...