To help promote the December 8th release of the deluxe edition of Rum Run, we’re giving you nice folks a couple chances to win a FREE copy of the game ($70 value including shipping), and it’ll even make it to you in time for Christmas! That’s right, TWO free copies will be given away. Here’s how:
1) Distillery-Naming Contest
Come up with better names for distilleries than we did!
The object of Rum Run is deceptively simple: build roads to distilleries in the forest, collect barrels, and bring them back to the town center. A crucial part of that equation lies in the distilleries. We’ve thought up names for the distilleries based on famous bootleggers–things Camp Capone and McCoy’s Schooner– but we think you can do better! Take a look at the four distillery cards below. Pick a distillery (or a few!) that you think you have a good name for (or a few!), and either place it in the comments section or shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Roadbuilding Raffle
Solve the puzzle and enter into a random drawing!
Look at the above Rum Run image. You are the blue player. From the available pieces to the left, what 3 pieces in what order would need to be played to break through the opponent’s road and enter the distillery? Note that in order to break an opponent’s road, the road piece you play must have a total higher value than their’s. Send your answers to email@example.com to be entered in the raffle. DON’T PUT YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS! Only correct answers will be counted. And be sure to make your answer clear! For example, (1-4)(4-4)(4-6) would be the manner by which to represent:
Enter one contest or enter both! Winners will be announced on this site on the day of release: December 8, 2012. We look forward to your participation.
Rum Run is a game by Alex Coulombe with graphic design by Morgan Shaw and artwork by Lindsay Davis. The original version of the game, released October 2011, was the winner of The Game Crafter's Mash-Up Competition and gained Alex entry into the Hall of Fame. Subscribe to alexcoulombe.com/ gamedesign for all the latest updates on Rum Run.
- Fundead: The Gravest Show on Earth - 70 hours left on Kickstarter!We’ve made our goal ladies & gentlemen, boys and girls… but there’s still a few days to back the greatest game on earth that features circus performers fighting zombies! Fundead’s Kickstarter campaign has been a good old-fashioned grassroots effort to bring a game designer’s prototype to life by funding the art production. Since we’ve hit […]
- A marketing strategy for a first time board game publisher.A marketing strategy for a first time board game publisher.
- The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Matt Worden discusses The Game Crafter - Episode 178The Game Crafter Official Podcast: Matt Worden discusses The Game Crafter - Episode 178: Matt Worden joins JT and Jeff to discuss how things have changed at The Game Crafter. They also discuss Matt’s decision to use The Game Crafter for his current Kickstarter project: Days of Discovery. Oh, and JT attempts to make Matt […]
- Fundead: The Gravest Show on Earth - 70 hours left on Kickstarter!