To help promote the December 8th release of the deluxe edition of Rum Run, we’re giving you nice folks a couple chances to win a FREE copy of the game ($70 value including shipping), and it’ll even make it to you in time for Christmas! That’s right, TWO free copies will be given away. Here’s how:
1) Distillery-Naming Contest
Come up with better names for distilleries than we did!
The object of Rum Run is deceptively simple: build roads to distilleries in the forest, collect barrels, and bring them back to the town center. A crucial part of that equation lies in the distilleries. We’ve thought up names for the distilleries based on famous bootleggers–things Camp Capone and McCoy’s Schooner– but we think you can do better! Take a look at the four distillery cards below. Pick a distillery (or a few!) that you think you have a good name for (or a few!), and either place it in the comments section or shoot an e-mail to email@example.com.
2) Roadbuilding Raffle
Solve the puzzle and enter into a random drawing!
Look at the above Rum Run image. You are the blue player. From the available pieces to the left, what 3 pieces in what order would need to be played to break through the opponent’s road and enter the distillery? Note that in order to break an opponent’s road, the road piece you play must have a total higher value than their’s. Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered in the raffle. DON’T PUT YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS! Only correct answers will be counted. And be sure to make your answer clear! For example, (1-4)(4-4)(4-6) would be the manner by which to represent:
Enter one contest or enter both! Winners will be announced on this site on the day of release: December 8, 2012. We look forward to your participation.
Rum Run is a game by Alex Coulombe with graphic design by Morgan Shaw and artwork by Lindsay Davis. The original version of the game, released October 2011, was the winner of The Game Crafter's Mash-Up Competition and gained Alex entry into the Hall of Fame. Subscribe to alexcoulombe.com/ gamedesign for all the latest updates on Rum Run.
- New Board Game Pieces - Red Brick, Natural Stick, and Blue ViaductWe added a Red Brick with 2 Holes, a Natural Colored Wood Stick, and a Blue Viaduct to our Board Game Pieces Shop! The Brick and the Viaduct only come in the colors you see above. So now comes the hard part…. what will you build with these new game pieces?
- New Board Game Pieces - 16mm x 8mm Wood DiscsWe have added 16mm x 8mm Wood Discs to our Board Game Pieces Shop! They come in 4 colors (Left to Right: Purple, Tan, Mint, Yellow) and you can see all of our various sizes of wood discs in our shop here.
- New Board Game Pieces - Extra Thick Halma, T-Bar, and 7 Dot DiscWe have added an Extra Thick Halma, T-Bar, and 7 Dot Disc to our Board Game Pieces Shop! These are unique game parts that we think have potential to inspire new ideas and might be the perfect part for the game you’re working on right now! One of these new game pieces makes us think […]
- New Board Game Pieces - Red Brick, Natural Stick, and Blue Viaduct